January 26, 2011 |
One of the best parts about living in Kent is having access to big city cultural amenities in a smaller, more personal setting.
Whether its top tier Division 1 sporting events compliments of the athletes at Kent State University or art shows at the McKay Bricker Gallery, Kent is right sized for cultural engagement and entertainment.
Some places have a musuem quality where you’re allowed to peer through a couple of panes of glass to view great works, but Kent invites you in, shakes it up, and offers a level of cultural experience that is hard to find anywhere else.
This weekend, one of Kent’s icons of cultural engagement, Standing Rock Gallery, has announced their 8th Annual International Short Film Festival to be held in downtown Kent. Here’s all the details.
WHO: Standing Rock Cultural Arts
WHAT: 8th Annual International Short Film Festival
-Independent Short Films from around the world!
-Animation, music videos, short comedy, experimental films, documentaries and more!
-Silent films with live music accompaniment!
WHEN: SATURDAY, JANUARY 29TH, 2011 at 8:00PM
WHERE: THE KENT STAGE, 175 E. MAIN ST., KENT, OHIO www.kentstage.org
ADMISSION: $10 = general / $7 students and seniors. Tickets can be purchased at the door or online from www.kentstage.org
Mike Hovancsek (Director) 330-677-0333 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Ingram (Producer) 330-673-4970 / email@example.com
Standing Rock Cultural Arts is pleased to announce The 8th Annual Standing Rock International Short Film Festival. This popular annual event becomes even bigger this year with films from as far away as The Netherlands, Turkey, Israel, and from as close as Kent, Ohio. It will include Animation, music videos, short comedy, experimental films, documentaries and more.
The first part of this event will feature short films from around the world. The second part will be made up of films by last year’s People’s Choice winner, Ilana Yahav. The last portion of the night will feature silent films by Mike Hovancsek which will be accompanied live on stage by legendary singer/songwriter Hal Walker!
Here is a list of the films we will be showing this year:
*INTERNATIONAL FILMS *
1. Umbra –Director/Animator Malcolm Sutherland. Montreal, Canada www.pascalblais.com
2. Actor’s Diaries, part 1 – Kate VanDevender. co-produced by Amy Peterson. Los Angeles, CA www.actordiaries.com
3. Pilot – Peter Philip Luckner collaborating with Melissa Barrett.
Columbus, OH. http://wearehomer.blogspot.com/
4. The Evil King – Kai Klempp and Jack Harris. Kent, OH
Kai: firstname.lastname@example.org Jack Harris: email@example.com
5. Soup – Amos Mulder. Utrecht, Netherlands. www.amosmulder.com
6. FLUX – Candas Sisman. Istanbul, Turkey. www.csismn.com
7. Hard Road – Paul Falstad. Long Beach, CA. www.2040news.net/
8. Homeless Love – Roger Hill. SanFrancisco.
9. Actor’s Diaries, part 2 – Kate VanDevender. Los Angeles.
10. Breakthrough – Peter Philip Luckner. Columbus, OH
11. Riverwash – Luke Beekman. Mansfield, OH.
12. Un Vida Majeur – Luis Fernandez Reneo. Spain.
13. Fish out of Water – Alison Dobbins. Lansing, Michigan.
14. You Make the Rain Fall – Alexandre Moors. New York City.
15. Mother and Daughter – Cindy Penter and The Students of The Fine Arts
Class of Hiram College. Hiram, OH.
16. Sonny Mails a Letter – Miles Kalbach and Anthony Serge.
Philadelphia, PA. www.mileskalbach.com
17. Actor’s Diaries, part 3 – Kate VanDevender. Los Angeles.
FEATURED FILMMAKER, ILANA YAHAV. ISRAEL.
-One Man’s Dream
SILENT FILMS BY MIKE HOVANCSEK WITH LIVE MUSIC BY HAL WALKER
-The Adventures of Otis
We hope you’re able to come out and enjoy the world of innovative filmmaking. This unique event promises to be an audiovisual extravaganza.
Thank you for supporting independent film!