The Kent City Health Department (KCHD) is committed to notifying, educating, and preparing Kent City residents for Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19. KCHD continues to work with Kent State University, the Portage County Health District, and the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) on plans and preparations for the safety of our communities.
Information Resources for COVID-19
- Portage County Health District
- Ohio Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Reduce the spread of COVID-19
COVID-19 is spreading rapidly but its impact can be lessened if we earnestly do the things we have heard repeatedly. As a reminder those things are:
- Wear facial coverings when in public or cannot maintain proper social distancing
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use alcohol hand rub frequently
- Clean high touch surfaces frequently, like doorknobs, keyboards, remotes, and cell phones
- Stay home if you are sick
- Stay away from people you know to be ill
- Get your flu shot
- Keep your hands away from your face
- Cough or sneeze into a sleeve or elbow
- Stay away from large gatherings of people, maintain a six-foot distance from others
While COVID-19 is typically linked to older adults or those currently with health problems that does not mean young, healthy individuals may not still come down with the virus. We strongly urge everyone to adhere to the above recommendations.
Requirements to get tested for COVID-19 can be found via the Ohio Department of Health website.
How You Can Help
- Do not go out if you are sick or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- Donate blood. The American Red Cross has an urgent need for blood and platelet donations. There is no known end date in this fight against COVID-19, and the Red Cross urgently needs the help of blood and platelet donors to meet the needs of patient care. To donate blood schedule an appointment.
- Support local Kent business and restaurants. Many downtown businesses are opened with proper safety procedures in place. To see an updated list of business visit the Main Street Kent website. Contact each business directly for hours and guidelines.
For questions on COVID-19, please call the Ohio Department of Health call center at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH or the Kent City Health Department at 330-678-8109.