In the spirit of the season, the Kent Chamber of Commerce held their annual awards dinner last week. Nothing warms a City Manager’s heart like a room filled with successful Kent businesses — so with about 110 Kent business folks in attendance, I had a whole lotta thanks for every one of them.
- Employee-owned since 1979, celebrating 30 years of employee ownership this year
- Davey is in the top 20 employee-owned companies in the U.S according to the National Center for Employee Ownership. Largest employee-owned company in Ohio.
- The Davey institute of Tree Sciences, our signature training and education program celebrated its 100th anniversary this year
- Grew customer count to highest level in 2008 and record revenues of $595, 797, 000
- Grew employee count to record level in 2008 with more than 7,000 employees through U.S. and Canada
- Completed the largest acquisition (Wolf Tree) and largest merger (The Care of Trees) in 2008